PLEASE NOTE: Thira will be closed from 31st July 2023. Please place orders well in advance to avoid disappointment.
WE ARE HIRING
POSITION : PART TIME ASSISTANT
Applicant MUST be based in East London.
Cape Town job post coming at a later stage.
You love jewellery and fashion.
You enjoy organisation and you’re a little 'ocd' when it comes to being tidy.
You’re interested in helping to grow a start up business.
You’re willing to learn and try new things.
You’re happy to take on administrative tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE:
- Flexi hours
- You’ll get to learn about managing all aspects of a startup business.
⁃ Possibility of running one of our Thira divisions in the future.
⁃ Only good vibes live here
⁃ Discounts on jewellery
⁃ Jewellery rewards
SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
Managing orders :
- putting orders through to the workshop
- making sure the workshop is performing on time
- making sure the jewellery is up to standard
- packaging orders beautifully and meticulously
- Sending out orders to customers
(this will be taught to you, you don’t need experience with websites but it is a bonus if you have)
- Uploading products to the website
- Removal of products when necessary
- Stock inventory upkeep
-Creating coupons for promotions
- send approved influencers PR packages
Packaging Upkeep & extras:
⁃ keeping on top of packaging stock
⁃ Making sure packaging cupboards are neat and organised
⁃ occasionally cutting labels and going for print runs.
- keeping track of jewellery stock
- Impeccable organisational skills
- Interest in jewellery, fashion, design, sales and customer management
- Work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Able to work under pressure, stay calm and think on your feet
- Self-motivated and well-organised with effective time-management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic and accountability
- Friendly and outgoing
- MUST HAVE Drivers license & own transport.
- Own laptop is a bonus
You can work on anything else on the days you’re not with us (For as long as the job is part time).
As long as you’re doing our work during our hours, and you’re not working on direct competition/taking away clients from us, we’d encourage it.
A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER
First and foremost, never be afraid to ask questions.
You will learn as you go, and you’ll also be able to refer to the guidelines which are there to help you too.
The first 3 months of this job is very much part time, as you will be training mostly and learning how to run Thira. Your salary during this time will be lower, as you’ll be training and only working 2-3 days a week with flexi hours.
If all goes well, your salary will be increased in the following months.
We are opening a second branch in London in the new year, which is why we’re needing someone who can take initiative and run the SA side of things. You’ll be liaising with me while I’m in London.
There’s massive potential here for our business to grow, and if you’re able to assist us with that, your role and salary will grow with it.
This role is NOT for someone looking for a summer job. This role is for someone that has bigger ambitions and can see the potential in growing a business, and eventually becoming a shareholder. It’s for someone who’s willing to do ground work and work their way up, and eventually train people beneath them to do what they had to do in the beginning.
Please attach your CV, and tell us bit about yourself in your application.
If your application is successful, we will be in touch to begin the interview process.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.